The Lucky Hand glides through the dusty, ruby nebula to the ponderous, slow bulk freighter Century Eagle. The vessel rotate about, an elegant waltz through the cosmic sea, and they pitch perpendicular to each other for docking procedures. Steel clamps bear down on the smaller Lucky Hand, holding it steady. Airlocks hiss, compress, decompress, and finally release. The two ships are as one.
- The footfalls of the Crew of the Lucky Hand ring hollow across a shallow steel ramp into a cavernous cargo bay, 50 ft. on a side with a 30 ft. ceiling.
- A steel grate walkway wraps around the perimeter of the room. A pair of armed Imperial Stormtroopers stands guard with blasters drawn, aimed at you.
- Great, big, bright white lights hang from above; however, they shed no light. Instead, flashing red emergency lights pulse a repeating pattern of crimson lights, casting shadows all about.
- A massive, closed doorway at the opposite end of the room indicates the way out. Another group of 2 Stormtroopers stands in front of the door.
- Flickering blue light from a nearby computer terminal illuminates the gray wall.
- A human woman clothed in an Imperial uniform stands behind a waist-high console covered in buttons and levers. Her hair and most of her facial features are obscured by the dim light and the tightly fitting green hat she is wearing. A blaster pistol is holstered at her side, and a third group of two Stormtroopers flank her.
- The ship is on high alert, with a piercing alarm klaxon blaring via wall speakers.
- BEHIND THE SCENES: All Vigilance checks are upgraded, but all skill checks requiring focused concentration suffer 2 Setback dice.
The woman speaks in a commanding voice, shouting out to you: “Welcome aboard the Century Eagle, captain ….? Please leave your weapons and droids stowed safely away on your ship while the repairs are conducted.”
What do you do?