(PbP) HEIST I – Special Delivery

The Crew seizes the moment, running their illegal goods down through the corridors of Imperial Transport Century Eagle, now known to be a troop transport on its way to invade the Ytha’ak Colony. Communications on board ship have been destroyed by Rebel Alliance saboteurs and all external sensors are rendered offline from the effects of the local Red Ytterbium nebula. Chaos reigns, and our intrepid entrepreneurs  hijack a tracked cargo sled to deliver their shipments of weapons to the Rebel Alliance, riding it into the dark heart of the Century Eagle.

Multiple paths to their destination have been found. The Crew has chosen to bring the weapons shipment through a passageway guarded by a deadly battle droid, stationed here to cut off the Rebels’ escape. When the Crew arrives, they see that the passageway opens up to a larger space to their left, with service catwalks above. Automated security blasters have dropped from the ceiling in two locations, their lights blink repeatedly and their sensors scan hastily back and forth. Two emergency lights are propped up on the floor, but they are turned off, creating a completely dark environment (two Setback dice). Lastly, a dull red light pierces through the darkness at the doors leading out of the area from a circular metal object affixed to each door.

The battle droid, seen on the hacked security camera only a few moments ago, is nowhere to be found.

New PictureInit

GO!

About C. Steven Ross

C. Steven Ross is the founder of Triumph & Despair. View all posts by C. Steven Ross

56 responses to “(PbP) HEIST I – Special Delivery

  • C. Steven Ross

    In case you forget how bad things are, the now total darkness imposes two Setback dice, and I believe HRT-94 is still suffering an additional Setback die due to Fear effects.

  • deucedm

    [Ko’Shak]
    “Bugger, dem auto blasters are gonna be a pain” Ko whispers. “Bril, Dex, you wanna take dem out quickly?”. Ko then looks down at the MULE droid controls and starts looking for a headlight switch. “Maybe this will help…”

    [OOC]
    No time for dilly dallying, let’s shoot out those security blasters quickly. I imagine it will alert the droid, and we can either sit here and wait for him, or choose a door and keep our good eyes open…What say you, crewmates?

    James, do you think Lita can hack the lightning system via wifi? Otherwise, stay close, we can focus fire on hazards as we go…

    Ross, any chance this MULE has high beams or a light projector on it?

    • bflat

      [OOC]

      Can Bril see either of the auto-blasters from here? This might be a knowledge check question, but is it possible to use stealth to avoid detection from them?

      Also, I didn’t comment before, so assume I didn’t don storm trooper armour, and am still wielding the blaster rifle.

    • C. Steven Ross

      Ko’Shak: It just so happens that yes, the Mule Loader does have a spotlight mounted on the front. It can be directed to provide light to one spot at a time. Right now, I assume it’s turned off. A Destiny Point has been spent to make that happen.

      Bril: It is possible, yes, since it is so dark in the room.

      • deucedm

        [OOC]
        I thought that might be the sort of thing covered by a DP. Ko will shine the MULE-antern back and to the left towards the most obvious security blaster.

      • C. Steven Ross

        A bright light illuminates a black steel automated weapon. The blaster turret hangs from the ceiling, extending 2 ft. into the room. OOC: What is that, like 70 cm or something? The catwalk is clearly seem as a steel grated service platform that allows access to the turret as well as several other miscellaneous maintenance panels. A thin metal ladder close by allows entry to the grating.

        The turret’s movements are unaltered.

      • bflat

        [OOC]

        Should I take a shot at the turret? Ross, does the spotlight cancel the setback dice?

      • C. Steven Ross

        The darkness does not provide Setback to Stealth checks; and in fact, provides a boost.

        Probably don’t want to be shining a flashlight on where you are hiding in the corner.

      • bflat

        Sorry, I meant to a shot fired at the auto-blaster..

      • C. Steven Ross

        Oh, literally take a shot at it.

        Yes, the darkness imposes 2 Setback die on combat skill checks.

    • bflat

      [Bril]

      Lacking any better ideas, Bril raises his blaster rifle, follows the spotlight to the auto-blaster mounted on the ceiling, and opens fire.

      He hits it cleanly, and the explosion lights up the room for a brief flash, allowing his allies to see a bit better.

      He’ll then move quickly and quietly off the mule, back up the corridor to gain some cover.

      [Tech]

      Rolling 4 ability vs 2 difficulty (assuming medium range, no setback dice due to the spotlight).

      sssaaat=12 damage to the turret, less any soak it has.

      Spend two advantage to give an ally a boost die to his/her next skill check.

      • C. Steven Ross

        Bril takes this opportunity and gets the jump on the turret, blasting it full of fire! Sparks screech out from a small explosion in its servos, briefly lighting up the room and revealing the hidden, lurking LDV Battle Droid upon the nearest catwalk, pressed against the wall. Now presented with an obvious target, both the damaged turret and the pristine, southern turret swivel their gun barrels to train on the Crew, whom the Galaxy Master has assumed are all taking cover on the Mule Loader.

        [OOC]
        Now that everyone has a firm grasp of the dice rolling, I’m going to go ahead and speed things up by rolling everyone’s Vigilance checks to determine the remainder of initiative. Bril’s actions have netted him an automatic top spot.

  • C. Steven Ross

    [BEHIND THE SCENES]

    North Turret: 1 Success, 4 Advantage
    South Turret: 2 Success, 3 Advantage
    LDV Battle Droid: 5 Success, 2 Advantage, Destiny Point

    Ko’Shak: 3 Success, 0 Advantage
    Dex Dervish: 5 Success, 1 Advantage
    HRT-94: 2 Success, 2 Advantage
    Lita Xel’Nari: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

    Initiative order is set and a graphic has been added to the post. Enemy forces have gotten the next highest initiative slot (5 success, 2 advantage) and so I will activate the LDV Battle Droid.

    [LDV BATTLE DROID]

    A lithe, blackened iron menace leaps down from above and plants himself in the center of the Mule Loader, sensitive laser sights scanning the four intruders surrounding it. Arm blades already extended, a trio of red light centers on the cocky Ko’Shak to direct a flurry of blades. His head tentacles are sliced, blood splattered all over the cargo loader. A steel boot sweeps around in a roundhouse kick to clobber him right in the temple, jarring Ko’Shak’s skull and causing (semi) permanent brain damage.

    [BEHIND THE SCENES]
    Maneuver: Move
    Maneuver: 2 Strain to Aim
    Action: Destiny Point

    The droid is now engaged with all Crew Members, aside from Bril. Ranged attacks against an Engaged target upgrades the Difficulty, with Despair resulting in a hit against your ally. The Crew is (mostly) armed with ranged weapons, granting the battle droid a Boost die to its Melee attacks. The Crew is taking 2 Setback dice in penalty for the darkness, however the laser targeting system of the droid, just like the Mule’s spotlight, negates this for itself. The droid also has armor plating, imposing what will likely be the Crews third Setback die, and has the Adversary 3 talent, upgrading the Difficulty of attacks against it three times.

    The Battle Droid attacks Ko’Shak, I mean why not?, including his cover to roll a total of 1 Setback, 2 Boost, 2 Difficulty, 1 Ability, 3 Proficiency.
    Results: Triumph, 5 Success, 3 Advantage

    I will use the Success to deal 7+5 – 2 (soak) = 10 Wounds to Ko’Shak, so he is already at 1 point away from unconsciousness, and then the Triumph to trigger a critical hit, spending the 3 Advantage to boost the d100 roll by +30, and then another +20 due to the Droid’s Lethal Blows talents.

    Critical Injury: (77)+50 = 127 – Gruesome Injury
    d100 (76) – Cunning, oh no!!!

    Once per week, Ko’Shak can make a 4 Difficulty Resilience check to remove this affliction.

    • deucedm

      [KO’Shak}
      AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      [OOC]
      Losing a head tentacle only means I can buy a robotic one if I survive. Kill this motherfucker!

    • C. Steven Ross

      Rebel Allaince High Command has a few things to say about what just happened: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

      Also, this is my finger pointing to what you just walked into: https://plus.google.com/photos/106373852457132063959/albums/5584873133283928161/5584873201819513650

      • grahamhl

        So, because that was a lot…can you summarize the “bad” dice pool we are looking at? So far I gather 3 setback, 2 difficulty, and 3 red? I’m not clear on what Adversary 3 is upgrading or if it just adds extra.

        Also, can you give us an update on the destiny point balance? I wanna say you’ve been using them like tic tac’s, so we’ve GOT to have a decent pile of them right?

    • C. Steven Ross

      The Destiny Points are kept track of via the Ship & Crew post, here: https://triumphdespair.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/pbp-ship-crew/

      And you’re right, I have been chowing down on these bad boys! I wanted to make that turn have some real punch to it and make you guys shit your pants. There are currently 5 Light Side Points that are able to be used by the Crew, and I only have 1 Dark Side Point left. I’m hoping to use that to crit HRT-94 and potentially drop his Brawn to 1, that’s what kind of a bastard I am. It’s not that I hate you, I just represent people who do.

      Tell me what you’re doing and I’ll tell you the dice. If HRT-94 is making a Melee skill check against the Battle Droid, it would be 3 green, 2 yellow, 3 black (2 from darkness, 1 from Defense), 2 red, 1 purple, 1 blue (from Bril’s earlier advantage).

      The Adversary 3 took two Difficulty dice (the difficulty of all Melee checks) and upgraded it thrice to 2 Challenge and 1 Difficulty.

  • C. Steven Ross

    Any two Crew Members (besides Bril) can now go before you are shot to pieces by the turrets.

    • bflat

      [OOC]

      HRT should attack (spend a desinty point!), and Ko should back that mule up. I can’t remember; is there an attack of opportunity mechanic?

    • C. Steven Ross

      [OOC]
      There are no opportunity attacks or anything remotely like that, though Ranged attackers Engaged with Melee attackers have a 2 die Difficulty for Light and 3 die Difficulty for Heavy (as opposed to 1 die Dificulty at Short Range), and then if they’re shooting at a taregt Engaged in Melee then the difficulty is upgraded.

      I’d also like to point out that the IMPERIAL DEATH MACHINE is on that Mule Loader with you guys, so any movement of the loader will be moving it as well.

      • bflat

        [OOC]

        Noted, but we could at least get out of range of the blasters.

        Also, by “back up the corridor” I meant literally up on the map. Not sure if it’s too late for that.

  • grahamhl

    [HRT-94]
    Amid the onslaught of the battle droid, HRT-94 easily dodges out of the way, turning back to see Ko’Shak get cleaved in the head. Seeing his close ally brought to the brink of death, HRT-94’s optical scanners find a weak spot just under one of the Battle Droids armor plates, and lines up a strike for maximum violence. Energy arcing off his vibro-knife, it plunges into the depths of the Battle Droid hitting a critical component and knocking the loose armor plate clean off.

    [OOC]
    Maneuver 1: Pull out weapon
    Maneuver 2: Aim – 2 strain, +1 advantage die
    Action: Destiny Point
    http://angille.net/eote/persistent.php?retrieve=63
    TRIUMPH! 7 successes, 2 advantage
    I’ll use the successes to deal 5+1+7 damage Pierce 2, and the 2 advantage to add to +20 the crit roll. Additionally, my Vibro-knife has Vicious 1 adding another +10

    I hate the people you represent Ross…. :)

  • deucedm

    [Ko’Shak]
    Blood everywhere, Ko slams on the reverse pedal to get the hell outta there!

    [OOC]
    Maneuver: Scream in pain.
    Action: Back that MULE droid up, into the NW corner, avoiding Bril and moving us away from the security blasters…

    Guess I get to play the tank in this fight…

  • C. Steven Ross

    The previously incensed gun turret holds its fire and, in fact, resumes its previous slow-moving scanning of the area.

  • rwaluchow

    Dervish will aim his blaster rifle at the murderous droid and open fire.

    (you’ll have to help me out on the dice here).

    • C. Steven Ross

      Dex fumbles with his blaster and fires blindly in the dark. The Mule Hauler is hit, a glancing blow, but it loses power momentarily, shaking loose a cargo container and allowing the badly wounded Assassin Droid LDV a brief moment to retreat, drawing its prey into its nest.

      [BEHIND THE SCENES]

      Dice Rolled: 3 Setback (darkness & defense), 1 Boost (aim), 1 Difficulty 3 Challenge (2 difficulty upgraded thrice from Adversary; upgraded yet again for a Dark Side Point, upgraded a FOURTH TIME for firing into a Melee), 1 Ability 1 Proficiency (Agility 2 upgraded once for Ranged [light] 1)

      Result: 3 Failures, 3 Threat. Mmm, really going for Despair on that one. I’ll spend the two Threat to take a free Maneuver and move back towards the blaster turrets, into the arc of fire of both and out of the way of the firing arc of the Crew.

      The blaster turret does nothing;

      LITA IS UP!

  • angille

    [Lita Xel’Nari]
    Lita actually screams herself when the LDV attacks Ko’Shack – she’s seen a ton of bruises and broken teeth working with the folks she has, but not a whole lot of amputations.

    The bothan clumsily rolls off the back of the MULE as it tilts, and scrambles back to where she saw a scomp port by the entry panel. Now that she’s seen the sensors and the security blasters, finding their models in the Eagle’s command tree should be a bit easier.

    [OOC]
    Hoo boy. This got heavy fast. Lita’s spending a maneuver to get to an assumed scomp port, burning strain to spend a maneuver to jack in, then using the action to try and take over the security blasters.

    Not sure if I need to make a Mechanics check to jack in in the dark. Also not sure if the darkness affects Lita’s Computers check. Both are (4/2), and Computers is probably modified by Codebreaker and the earlier Triumph. I will happily burn a Destiny point on the Computers check.

    • C. Steven Ross

      [LITA XEL’NARI]

      Lita rolls off of the cargo loader and scrambles to the panel. Her fingernails dig underneath the cracks holding a wall access panel together and she pops it open. This isn’t her first time repairing a starship junction port before, and she remembers that there’s usually a secondary port just below the main port. Aha! Success! Her handheld computer jacks into both; but oh no! she clumsily touches two wires together and is shocked by a small current. Ouch!

      The Imperial Security network has been getting a whiff of her prior tinkering, but her fast hands are able to outwit their defense protocols and she hones into the routines surrounding Junction 55.

      “No shit!”

      The Century Eagle is, as we all know, experiencing technical difficulties due to recent terrorist bombing. This has disabled the ship’s on board communications system, rendering the automated turrets incapable of distinguishing friend or foe by sight alone.

      The turrets are harmless.

      [BEHIND THE SCENES]

      A very valiant effort! I made an Easy (d) Mechanics check (setback twice to pry open the panel, granting a Boost die, then a Hard Computers check (with Destiny Point upgrade) upgraded twice for repeated hacking into the same systems.

      Mechanics Check: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

      Computers Check: 1 Success, 1 Threat! Zap zap, 1 Strain.
      Interestingly, if we were looking at physical dice and taking away “matching sets” of Success/Failure, the last Success remaning would be that provided by the Boost. As GM, I can then use this to inform the description: it was the panel that was hiding the key to overcoming this challenge.

      ANYONE FROM THE WHOLE GODDAMN CREW CAN NOW ACT.

  • grahamhl

    [HRT-94]
    After hearing Lita exclaim that the turrets are harmless, HRT-94 begins advancing on the wounded Battle Droid.
    [OOC]
    Maneuver 1: Move to Engage
    Maneuver 2: Aim
    Action: Destiny Point
    http://angille.net/eote/persistent.php?retrieve=64

    [HRT-94]
    During the advance, HRT-94 neglects to see several pieces of debris on the floor, fallen from the MULE, and Battle Droid and trips over a small gyro-stabilizer joint. In the same moment, the Battle Droid is flailing wildly in illogical patterns, and catches HRT-94 squarely with one if it’s arms and jolting his targeting systems and sending his Vibro-Knife flying towards the door. A small explosion is heard as the knife lands on a trip mine that was sealing the door, detonating it, and leaving a gaping hole. Suddenly, a severe jolt reverberates throughout the ship, the sound of bulkheads and supports groaning can be heard. Dura-alloy girders, wires and scaffolding fall from the walls and ceiling in the room onto HRT and the Battle Droid, separating them from the rest of the crew, granting a clear path. Emergency Lighting flickers on and off in tracks leading to (presumably) escape pods. (looking to make lighting not so dark here)

    [OOC]
    6 Advantage, 3 failure, and DESPAIR!

    • C. Steven Ross

      Love it!

      The lighting reduces the darkness penalty to a single setback, and I will have both HRT-94 and the Batte Droid knocked prone by the collapsing girders.

      One of the two possible routes to the besieged Rebels is open!

      HRT-94’s vibroknife? Destroyed!

      [LDV BATTLE DROID]

      Jolts of electricity spark out from its dented and twisted frame. Blinded, the automaton feels along the walls, leaning to the right for support its weight, blade-hands scraping with a piercing steel-on-steel sound. It flails wildly, cutting deep across Lita’s arm, a throbbing pain set to distract her from the important tasks at hand.

      Alarm klaxons begin to blare while Imperial Officers all across the vessel abandon their posts!

      [BEHIND THE SCENES]

      I rolled: 3 Proficiency, 1 Ability, 2 Challenge
      And got: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

      Lita suffers 7 + 2 – 1 (Soak) = 8 Wounds!
      Advantage spent to Crit: (d100+20) = 24, lucky roll for you!
      Off-balance: Temporary penalty, add 1 Setback to the next skill check Lita makes.

      Map updated.

      ANY TWO CREW (BESIDES HRT-94) CAN NOW GO!

  • rwaluchow

    Dex breathes slowly, takes careful aim and takes another shot at the droid tearing up his friends.

  • rwaluchow

    Okay, so Dex will take 2 strain to double aim, and use a destiny point to upgrade his pathetic skills.

    2 setback (dark and defense),2 challenge dice (close range and adversary 3), 2 boost dice (double aim), 2 proficiency dice (Dex’s lame skills, and destiny point)

    net result of roll: nada. (3 setback, 3 advantage)

  • deucedm

    [Ko’Shak]
    Ko slams the controls of the MULE and rears its head towards the screams of Lita, putting the spotlight on this vicious battle droid. “Fire!!!!”

    [OOC]
    I’ll take an action to re-position location the battle droid in the darkness, in order to negate the setback dice we’re getting F&*(^d by. I assume I’m rolling Perception vs the difficulty pool and two setback dice?

    • C. Steven Ross

      The scene is illuminated, casting back the hindering darkness!

      Wheeling that cargo hauler to shine where you need it would just be a Maneuver; no check needed. Ko’Shak’s still got an Action and potentially a second Maneuver for 2 Strain.

      So then the negative dice added to Short Range attacks against the Battle Droid would be down to 1 Setback (defense), 1 Difficulty (base difficulty), and 2 Challenge Dice (difficulty upgraded 3 times for the Droid’s inherent nastiness, upgraded a fourth time for firing into a Melee)

      • deucedm

        [Ko’Shak]
        “Lights, camera, annihilation!” Ko screams as he sprays the illuminated area with blaster fire as he blacks out while riding the top of the MULE droid like some tatooine rancher!

        [OOC]
        Spend the extra maneuver to aim (gaining a boost die..taking some strain), then
        Roll is 2 successes and three threats:
        http://angille.net/eote/persistent.php?retrieve=65

        So that’s 12 damage from the blaster rifle (base 10+2 successes).

  • C. Steven Ross

    The hallway is lit up by crimson blaster fire and echoes the screams of Ko’Shak’s war cry! A hail of laser death pounds the alloy frame of the enemy Battle Droid to pieces, leaving Lita standing, panting, bleeding and holding onto a dismembered robotic blade-hand which she had been struggling with only moments ago.

    [BEHIND THE SCENES]
    The GM will spend those 3 Threat to deliver 3 Strain to Ko’Shak, because that shit was intense!

    • deucedm

      [OOC]
      Ko now suffers may now be suffering from PTSD after the 30 seconds this all took. And he will never look at HRT the same again, worried what the cold, heartless machine could do to him…..

  • C. Steven Ross

    Once the smoke clears from the air, the Crew take stock and haul their cargo through the doorway to the long-sought after Junction 55. There, as they had previously seen on hacked camera feeds, stand dozens of camouflaged guerrilla terrorists. A few hold tiny holdout blaster pistols, firing through narrow gaps in their make-shift bunker. Most, however, simply wait grim-faced, hoping that they make it through this day.

    As such, a great cheer erupts from the crowd when four whole crates full of heavy duty automated blaster rifles makes its way in! Handshakes and pats on the back come along side with smiles of hope and joy. The cargo has been delivered!

    ….

    • C. Steven Ross

      Packing material is quickly thrown aside, greedy hands clutching for the high tech new weapons. Rifles are passed around the group of freedom fighters with as much love and piety as breaking bread around the dinner table.

      One soldier pointedly claps HRT-94 on the back, saying: “Don’t you worry, big guy. We’re gonna make sure your people have at least a couple fewer legions to fight off, or die trying. No one should live in fear like that.”

      _____——==========—–_____

      A squishy, dripping kind of sound is heard among the cheers. What was mistaken for a pile of black hoses or tubing is revealed to be something far fouler. A creature composed of a mass of writhing eel-like creatures stands up to its full height, if you will, towering at 8 feet tall and slapping against the ceiling. Clear, mucous-like slime drips down to the floor in a disgusting puddle. It is totally gross. Some sort of creepy voice issues from its depths.

      “The Alliance owes you smugglers a debt of gratitude. Time for me is now very short, we must hurry. Where is this ship your taking me on?

      [BEHIND THE SCENES]

      Victory!

      All of the Crew now has some time to catch their breath and formulate some quick plans. Each character may make an Unopposed Cool or Discipline check, regaining Strain equal to the number of Successes. Please post so I can keep track of that.

      Additionally, the Crew can ask any other questions or make any short-term preparations before taking off and beginning the journey out of here.

      On Thursday morning, we will resume play with the Lucky Hand blasting away back into the Red Ytterbium Cloud.

      • bflat

        [Bril]

        Bril jumps a bit at the sight of what must be Karlo, the rebel agent. Pushing his initial revulsion down, he sizes the hulking, dripping mass up and says “well met. Karlo, I presume?

        “Ko, you look a bit shaken. You okay to pilot that thing back to the ship?”

        [OOC]

        Cool, net 5 success to clear any remaining strain.

      • deucedm

        [Ko’Shak]
        His face and head tentacles covered in blood and sliced flesh, scarred (both emotionally and physically), the Twi’lek moves up the the rebel troopers: “Men, look upon the brutality of war, and stead yourselves. This is the price of war, and the price paid for your victory. DO NOT LET IT BE WASTED!” He injects himself with a stimpack, drops it to the floor, and turns away.

        “I’m good Bril. Let’s get outta here, we have a Karlo to deliver back to the Colonel”.

        [OOC]
        4 strain recovered by the Cool check (3 Success, 1 Triumph, 4 advantage), 5 wounds recovered from using my first stimpack of the day. Never leave home without it.

        If Ross allows, I will attempt to rally the troops and spur them onward. Might as well try to boost morale (even temporarily) if I can. These fuckers better succeed after all of this.

        Now let’s get swamp thing back to the ship and get the hell outta here.

      • C. Steven Ross

        [BRIL]

        The squid-like meta-creature replies, “Yes, hello, and well met. I understand my appearance is a bit shocking, but the stress of the past few days has been most wearisome and my condition is worsening. I generally prefer to take on an appearance more congenial to my guests.”

        [KO’SHAK]

        The troop hoot and cheer, whipped up into a frenzy! Moments after your departure, the Rebels will storm past Imperial defenses, seal bulkheads, and make for the bridge. Will they make it? Will they take over the ship and wreak even more havoc on the Imperial war effort? You will likely never know. One thing is for certain, though: Ko’Shak’s speech roused their passions, but also sowed the seeds of doubt into their minds. “Who is this guy? Why are we fighting for him? Why didn’t one of our own give that order?” These are the kinds of things that make a man hesitate in battle. Hesitate, and die.

        [BEHIND THE SCENES]
        Rolled Leadership opposed by the Rebel’s Discipline and came up with one Success, two Threat.

      • deucedm

        [Rebel Troops]
        The sight of the bloodied twi’lek pirate, bathed in his own blood, looking so civilian yet obviously willing to risk himself for their cause, stirs the blood of many a rebel trooper. He stands so defiant in face of battle and danger, the troopers cannot help but be rallied in his presence. The scene strikes two particular troopers deeply, lighting a fire and a fury within. One is trandoshan, who whispers towards his companion “The Imperial dogs will pay, I’ll personally cut the throat and drink the blood of every officer on this ship.” The human nods, taken aback by that level of the brutality. He backs away from the trandoshan slightly, gladly willing for this beast of battle to go first.

        [OOC]
        A perfect roll, I had wanted to scare the rebels a bit and excite them into a murderous abandon. War is war, afterall, and we do terrible things to ensure victory. These rebels better succeed, otherwise their all going to be tortured and killed systematically. They needed to be reminded as such.

        Hopefully my success gives them a small morale boost, to help them overtake the bridge. Besides, if the succeed, it only helps our reputation ;)

  • rwaluchow

    Cool check to recover strain: 2 successes

  • angille

    [Lita Xel’Nari]
    Blood and fur matting on her arm, Lita climbs uncertainly back onto the MULE, pulling a stim from her belt with her good paw and immediately applying it in the shoulder above the wound. “Sorry I froze up back there guys.” She looks back down at her arm, and up at Ko’Shak’s head. “No, not sorry. Because, BLOOD.”

    After the cheering and arming, she seems almost to forget her wounds. “What… is… this?” She dips a paw in Karlo’s ooze, then holds it up to her muzzle to sniff. She looks up at the… completely unusual life form. “So… what kind of properties does this have? Mind if I take a sample?”

    [OOC]
    The Cool check was a solitary advantage. Hoarding strain I guess. Does the stim recover 5 wounds, like with Ko? Or is it different? Not around the book right now.

    Oh, and what does Lita know about Karlo’s species? Xenology 4/0, I imagine – what difficulty?

    • C. Steven Ross

      [BEHIND THE SCENES]

      Using a stimpack recovers 5 Wounds the first use, then 4 Wounds, then 3, etc. Though there is some debate as to what the final value will be, as the Beginner’s Box claims 4 Wounds on first usage. For this game,we’re going with the Final Beta value of 5 Wounds.

      This is an unusual species, let’s go with a Hard (3 dice) Xenology check.

    • C. Steven Ross

      And by the way James, if you feel comfortable interpreting the dice roll results, please feel free to do so. Take the narrative by the horns and put the Galaxy Master on his heels scrambling to accommodate your vision of the campaign universe. Get creative!

      If not, it’s cool, I’ll whip up something.

      • angille

        [OOC]
        Lemme get this straight… did you just ask the player whose PC is an established xenophile to further detail the species you depicted as a lube-covered tentacle monster? Just… checking.

        [Lita Xel’Nari]
        Knowing close to nothing about this particular species, Lita is filled with curiosity. After collecting a small amount of the fluid in a tube she pulls from her belt, she looks up at the monstrosity. “So… not to be too abrupt or rude, but what are you? Is there a… hand? that I can shake? What’s this condition that’s worsening – can we help?”

        The wet voice issues again from inside the mass. “The condition prevents me from coalescing into a single mass, and will result in complete breakdown in time. Alas, without another of my species nearby, I have no confidence another being would be willing to perform the… necessary actions to replenish my energy. I am a [insert species here] from the planet [planet] far in the Rim.”

        Lita cocks a brow and relaxes her ears and tail. “Well, Karlo, we’ll just have to see about that.”

        [Behind the Scenes]
        The Xenology roll was a single failure, no threat, no advantage. Totally boring roll. So… no knowledge, and no heavily positive or negative influence on the interaction.

      • C. Steven Ross

        Karlo is Arridisa, from the Yir-Tangee Star Cluster. Not only that….

        “Your eagerness is admirable. Perhaps when we retire and are out of danger, I will be able to meditate, look inward, and feel if you are capable of accepting the ritual.”

  • C. Steven Ross

    Armed terrorist commandos storm off down the corridors of Imperial transport Century Eagle; incited, feverish, thirsty for blood and with the name “Ko’Shak” on their lips.

    The chaos and fighting provide ample opportunity for a quick getaway. The Crew take that opportunity, escorting Commander Talik back to their ship for transportation to a rendezvous with the Alliance starship Courageous.

    END SCENE.

    The Lucky Hand blasts off into interstellar space in Imperial Entanglements: https://triumphdespair.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/pbp-heist-i-imperial-entanglements/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: