Here’s a list of the nuggets of wisdom I’ve been dispensing on social media platforms for the past two weeks, in no particular order:
- WHEN IN DOUBT: Let the players decide.
- WHEN IN DOUBT: Roll a Force die.
- WHEN IN DOUBT: Destroy something beautiful.
- WHEN IN DOUBT: Go big, go wacky, go over-the-top.
- WHEN IN DOUBT: It’s a Trap! Turn everything against the players, including whom they thought were their allies.
- Males/females are lab specimens. Men/women are real people with feelings and a story.
- Name every NPC, every planet, and every starship.
- Not every Threat is related to the specific task that happened. Sometimes, it just introduces new dangers seemingly out of the blue.
- Don’t let yourself be tied down to any sort of canon. Remake the galaxy in your image.
- Allow canon to be a helpful inspiration & add a sense of verisimilitude. The works of all the authors before you shouldn’t be wasted